Every day is Arbor Day in Codeville. – What is Code?
PERSISTENCE – STILL TRYING in 2015 … Does your school have a CS STEM Green Club? Debugging Drought – Algorithms for Farmers. Remember the year of the drought and the water battles. Karen’s Oak Trees are still growing at Piney Point 4 years latter thanks to water gators and volunteers from MDPC. The vegetable gardens, that is another story.
DO YOU WANT TO SAVE THE EARTH? Kids for Saving the Earth … Taking Care of your Brains so you can Take Care of your Earth.
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT WATER? Maybe in the 2013 School Year this can be integrated into your learning. See the Urban Runoff Challenge.
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN THIS 2012 SCHOOL YEAR? Students, Parents and Community are welcome. Please contact your teacher or Ms. Swaby if you are interested and have them pass on the information to Ms. North. Do you want to grow some epiphytes as a solution to no rain?
WE STARTED IN 2008 – csstem.blogspot.com/
SCOTTS GARDEN PLAYSCAPE – It started with an idea …
What is free? Communities and students volunteering!!
50 trees were donated to Piney Point by Westbury Civic Club and planted by Mr. Shahmoradi referred by Asakura Robinson Landscape Companty. A team of Ms. Kale’s 5th grade students numbered the trees. Now they are ready to adopt by our students.
Dedicating our Future Outdoor Learning Center
Thank you Scotts for Sponsoring our First Gardens!
Robin Blut of Keep Houston Beautiful and sponsor of the $10,000 Scott’s Grant to help build learning gardens showing Andre Spencer, Houston ISD School Improvement Officer the plans.
Outdoor Learning Center Planning
– Be a landscape engineer!
Can you measure and draw your own design?
NOVEMBER 15, 2010
America Recycles Day
The Recycling Club passed out calendars, buttons and stickers to recognize the recycling everyone at Piney Point supports.
POSTER DESIGN COMPETITION
Please site where you get your graphic on your design.
TAKING CARE OF OUR BRAINS, SO WE CAN TAKE CARE OF OUR EARTH
CS STEM Green Club Website
- Wonder where the recycling bins came from?
- Provided by an H.E.B. grant with KHB.
- What do you recycle?
- See presentation by Ms. Boyce Piney Point Green Machine
- See Computing Connections to Green Club at cscurriculum.shutterfly.com/
- Please see video by CS STEM Club Fall 2009 at A Recyclling Experience
- Want to connect with others around the world?
- See the projects lists at epals.com and make a connection.
- Do you like to play games?
- Please see Keep American Beautiful Man – http://www.kabman.org/
- Do you like challenges?
- Try the Disney Planet Challenge – disney.go.com/planetchallenge/
- Want to learn about energy?
- Try the EPA site – EIA Energy KidsEPA Environmental Kids
- Want to learn about Water Conservation?
- See the City of Houston site – Water Education
- Technology Helping Keep Texas Beautiful – Report a litterer – and help keep our gardens clean.