Brain Reflections

Remember Reading This?
Remember Reading This?

As I end my 25 years of classroom teaching I am a little sad, as I have loved looking at the products you all have produced. As you end this school year, please reflect on what you have learned and the gardens you will grow. I wonder … will you be a Landscape Architect? You can write about your brain reflections for your future through technology and look back on your past when you graduate from college.

I am excited that connections can continue through blogging. I will be back next year as a volunteer to help my bloggers, my book writers, my binary learners and all who have questions. I would like to help students who want to create graphics, such as this 7 year old whose art was selected as the best. Remember your Google Art reflection project? Reflections are THINKING about your ideas. “Oh the THINKS you can THINK!”

Winning LOGO by an Elementary School kid

I want to become an astronaut and explore space life. I want to wear a space suit, fly in space, walk on the moon and make friends with aliens in other planets.

sb-software.com
sb-software.com

So what do you want to be? Do you want to be an engineer that builds “Curiosity” and finds water and life on Mars.

I want to help increase your brain time. You can download the binary clock to your computer today. Remember Internet Safety, get permission from your parent before downloading anything at home. I hope you have enjoyed learning to count and add in the binary world. I hope you will not be ALIENS to this world of math that can connect you to the decimal world you know.

Rover called CURIOSITY searching for water and life on mars
I hope your curiosity will take you on online journeys this summer that build your brain. I hope you find your passion for learning. Thank you my students for all you have taught me about my passion for teaching.

Published by

knorth

In 2011 Karen North was a 28-year computer science, math, technology systems and business teacher. She is an officer with ISTE SIGCT and is on the CSTA Committee working on K-8 Model Curriculum. She is currently a Technology Specialist at an elementary school in Houston ISD, allowing her the opportunity to put into practice her CS research on the K-5 level. Ms. North began her advocacy for computing in the 1980s programming BASIC, Logo and the T.I. Calculator in math courses. She also sponsored the recycling club at her school and is chair of the education committee for Keep Houston Beautiful. Retired now still advocating for outdoor and computer science education. See her home site www.build-a-brain.com for her on going advocacy.

One thought on “Brain Reflections”

1. I hope your last days as a classroom teacher are memorable. You may be leaving teaching, but teaching will never leave you.